Hiya!

Thanks for visiting the lair of the Guitar Weasel!
If you enjoyed this blog please visit our Oil City Pickups site where you can see and buy our full range of products
.

Friday 10 June 2011

Demon Pickup ... perhaps ...





Here’s a spooky story: I was winding prototype pickup number two this afternoon while a thunderstorm raged outside. I was winding the last 500 turns (my counter is only three digit so I use a tally system for winding the total number of turns) when a particularly loud clap of thunder made me loose count then snap the winding ... at (near as makes no difference) 666 turns over wound ... okay 666.5 ... but why ruin a good story?. I took a quick snap of the new pickup ... unsoldered bare coils hanging loose against the rain covered window ... and the counter.

This prototype serial number RDTD0002 ... measuring 7.87k ... will hence forth be referred to as the Beastcaster pickup! Quake mortals the ‘Honky Tonk Hammer of the Gods’ has been born.

No comments: