Hiya!

Thanks for visiting the lair of the Guitar Weasel!
If you enjoyed this blog please visit our Oil City Pickups site where you can see and buy our full range of products
.

Saturday 2 May 2009

30th anniversary


It's thirty years since I built my first custom guitar to order........and this was it........seen in 1979.
It was quite a beast and well over the top....but then that suited the personality of the guy I built it for TomTaylor, at that time my boss at the music shop where I worked. The features were: an ash straight through neck with Honduras mahogany 'wings', two high output humbucking DiMarzio bass pickups with series/parallel and in/out of phase switches feeding in stereo to two (yes two) six band graphic equalisers and an active preamp! This was a fretless tone monster with a gaboon ebony fingerboard and a Leo Quan Badass bass bridge...Oh yeh and it weighed a bloody ton!

No comments: